If you disagree with anything in these Terms, Duda does not grant you a license to use the API and, as a result, you may not use the API. Your only recourse if you disagree with anything in these Terms is to discontinue your use of the API.
We reserve the right, from time to time, with or without notice to you, to change these Terms in our sole and absolute discretion. The most current version of these Terms can be found at . The most current version of the Terms will supersede all previous versions. As such, you should review the Terms periodically.
You hereby grant Duda a non-exclusive license to display the trade names, trademarks, service marks, logos, copyright notices, domain names, and other distinctive brands associated with you and for the purpose of promoting or advertising that you use the API, or for inclusion in a directory at Duda’s sole discretion.
You may promote your Account, including talking to traditional and online media and your users about your Account, so long as you do so truthfully and without implying that your Account is created or endorsed by Duda (or otherwise embellishing your relationship with Duda). For example, you may factually state that you use a "Duda Account" or a site is “made by Duda Mobile (so long as you are in full compliance with these Terms). However, you may not issue any formal press release via traditional or online media without Duda's prior consent. Duda reserves the right to issue publicity and promotional materials mentioning and/or describing your Account without your consent.
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING DISCLAIMERS TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW:
YOU AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT DUDA SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF DUDA HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM: (A) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE DUDA PROPERTY OR DUDA SERVICES; (B) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES; (C) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (D) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON OR IN THE DUDA PROPERTY OR ANY DUDA SERVICES; OR (E) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE DUDA PROPERTY OR ANY DUDA SERVICES.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, you hereby release and waive all claims against Duda and its subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective officers, agents, and employees, advertisers or partners from any and all liability for claims, damages (actual and/or consequential), costs and expenses (including litigation costs and attorney’s fees) of every kind and nature, arising from or in any way related to your use of the Duda Property. If you are a California resident, you waive your rights under California Civil Code Section 1542 which states, “A general release does not extend to claims which the does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.”
The term “Duda Confidential Information” means any information of or relating to Duda that becomes known to you through disclosure, observation or otherwise, and that either is designated as confidential by Duda or that is not generally known or readily ascertainable to the public, including, without limitation, nonpublic information regarding the Duda API and Duda's products, services, programs, features, data, techniques, technology, code, ideas, inventions, research, testing, methods, procedures, know-how, trade secrets, business and financial information and other activities. All Duda Confidential Information remains the property of Duda, and no license or other right in any Duda Confidential Information is granted hereby. You will not disclose any Duda Confidential Information to any third party, and will take all reasonable precautions to prevent its unauthorized dissemination, both during and after the term of these Terms. If you are a corporate entity, you will limit your internal distribution of Duda Confidential Information to your employees and agents who have a need to know, and will take steps to ensure that dissemination is so limited. You will not use any Duda Confidential Information for the benefit of anyone other than Duda. Upon Duda's written request, you will destroy or return to Duda all Duda Confidential Information in your custody or control. In addition to the terms of this provision, you and Duda will continue to be subject to any non-disclosure agreement that you and Duda have entered into separately. This provision will survive any expiration or termination of these Terms.
- Description, Permitted Uses and Non-Permitted Uses
- Description of the API. Duda’s API is an application Programing Interface allows Duda’s partners to mange their mobile websites and sub-accounts from outside of the Duda account. Additionally, it allows partners to retrieve site analytics, access supported user agents and log users in to a branded editor via SSO. Full details of Duda’s API can be found on the Duda API documentation page.
- Access to the API. In order to obtain access to the API, you must create a Duda’s Account. Some of the API calls are available only for DudaPro partners accounts. Your Account resource that represents you, the user, who may log in to the Duda system. It holds mainly the your credentials and basic information. You may be limited by the Account creation process to one Account per email address. Access to your Account may not always be available. You may not sell, transfer, sublicense or otherwise disclose your Account to any other party or use them with any Account other than the Account for which you initially applied for it. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy and security of your password and other related Account information. You are fully responsible for all activities that occur using your Account, regardless of whether such activities are undertaken by you or a third party. Duda maintains the right to cancel your Account for any reason or no reason at all, at any time.
- API Modifications. Duda has the right but not the obligation to release subsequent versions of the API and to require you to update your API calls to the most recent version. We may remove and/or cease supporting previous versions of the API. The API is currently provided for free, and while we have no plans to charge partners for access, we do reserve the right to charge for the API in the future.
- Support. Duda cuurently offers API support via email only to firstname.lastname@example.org. This provision of support is in our sole discretion, and we have no obligation to provide you or your customers with this support. You are solely responsible for providing user support and any other technical assistance for your Account.
- Fees. Duda is committed to providing open access to our API for commercial and non-commercial purposes, and currently API access and usage is provided to you free of charge. However, providing the APIs does have real costs for Duda. While we currently don’t charge for the API, we reserves the right to charge fees for future use of or access to the API. Note: the mobile websites that you create via the API are Premium sites, and when you publish sites via the API, you will be charged at the rate according to your price plan.
- Monitoring your Use. You agree to provide us with access to your Account and/or other materials related to your use of the API as reasonably requested by us to verify your compliance with these Terms and as may be necessary to audit your use of the API.
- Usage Limitations. Duda may limit the number of network calls that your Account may make via the API, and/or the maximum file size, and/or the maximum Content that may be accessed, or anything else about the API and the Content it accesses as we deem appropriate in our sole discretion. In addition to its other rights under these Terms, we may utilize technical measures to prevent over usage and/or stop usage of the API by an Account after any usage limitations are exceeded. If you violate our usage limitations, Duda may also, in its sole discretion, downgrade your mobile sites or block your access to premium features.
- Usage Restrictions. Y ou are responsible for your own conduct while using the API and for any consequences thereof. You will use the API only for purposes that are legal, proper and in accordance with these Terms and any applicable policies or guidelines provided by Duda from time to time.
In addition to the other restrictions contained in these Terms, you agree that when using the API, you will NOT do the following, attempt to do the following, or permit your end users or other third parties to do the following:
- interfere with or disrupt Duda services or servers or networks connected to Duda services, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to Duda services;
- use the API in an Account containing any of the following content: content promoting or instructing about illegal activities or promoting physical harm or injury against any group or individual; content infringing any patent, trademark, copyright, trade secret or other proprietary right of any party; content defaming, abusing, harassing, stalking, threatening or violating the rights of privacy and publicity; content disparaging of Duda or its licensors, licensees, affiliates, partners; or any other inappropriate or unlawful content;
- display the Content in a way that disparages, tarnishes, or impairs Duda or its or its licensors, licensees, affiliates or partners;
- restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying Duda services;
- use Duda services for any illegal or unauthorized purpose;
- circumvent or modify any security mechanism employed by Duda or the API, including any authentication technologies;
- attempt to cloak or conceal your identity or your application's identity when requesting authorization to use the API
- sell, lease, or sublicense the API or access thereto or derive revenues from the use or provision of the Duda API, whether for direct commercial or monetary gain or otherwise, except as set forth herein.
- impersonate any person or obtain access to the Duda services without authorization;
- use the Content as part of any sweepstakes or similar promotion or event;
- use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval Account, or other device to retrieve or index any portion of Duda services or collect information about users for any unauthorized purpose;
- create partner Accounts by automated means or under false or fraudulent pretenses;
- transmit any viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses, or other disabling code, via the API or otherwise, to Dd, Duda subscribers’ or other third parties’ computers.
- Legal Compliance. You and will comply with all applicable laws and regulations in the course of using the API.
- License to Duda.
- Proprietary Rights and License
- Duda Property. As between you and Duda, Duda retains all right, title and interest, including without limitation all intellectual property rights, in and to, (a) the API and any and all elements and components thereof, including content, technology, software, code, user interfaces, and any derivatives works and/or compilations thereof or relating to; (b) the Content available through the API; and (c) any feedback (including suggestions comments, improvements, ideas, etc.), about Duda products, the API, or anything else Duda may be developing ("Feedback” and collectively the “Duda Property”). You agree to take such actions, including, without limitation, execution of affidavits or other documents, as Duda may reasonably request to effect, perfect or confirm Duda's rights to the Duda Property.
- License Grant. You shall not acquire any right, title, or interest in or to the Duda Property except as expressly set forth in these Terms. Subject to your compliance with the terms and conditions in these Terms, and solely for the duration of these Terms, Duda grants you a limited, non-exclusive, revocable, non-sublicensable and non-transferable license to access and use the API as intended and described herein.
- Duda Development. You understand and acknowledge that Duda may be independently creating mobile websites, content and other products or services that may be similar to or competitive with your intended use of the API, and nothing in these Terms will be construed as restricting or preventing Duda from creating and fully exploiting such products, content and other items, without any obligation to you. If you elect to provide us with any Feedback, you hereby assign all right, title and interest in and to such Feedback to us, and acknowledge that we will be entitled to use, implement and exploit any such Feedback in any manner without restriction, and without any obligation of confidentiality, attribution or compensation or other duty to Account.
- You must implement reasonable technical, physical and administrative security measures to protect any content and any personal data obtained from the API or otherwise from users of your Account.
- Disclaimer of Warranties
- YOUR USE OF THE DUDA PROPERTY AND ANY DUDA SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE DUDA PROPERTY AND ANY DUDA SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. DUDA EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- DUDA MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE DUDA PROPERTY OR ANY DUDA SERVICES (A) WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (B) WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, OR HAVE KNOWN OR DISCOVERED ERRORS CORRECTED, (C) WILL PROVIDE RESULTS THAT ARE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, OR (D) WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS (OR THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE DUDA PROPERTY OR ANY DUDA SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS).
- ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE DUDA PROPERTY OR ANY DUDA SERVICES IS ACQUIRED AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL.
- NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM DUDA SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THESE TERMS.
- Limitation of Liability
- Release and Waiver
- Confidential Information
- Term & Termination.
- Duda Termination, Suspension, or Discontinuance. We may suspend or terminate your use of all or any of the API at any time (a) if we believe you have violated these Terms (including the documents they incorporate by reference) or, in our sole discretion, we believe the availability of the API in your Account is not in our or our users' best interests or (b) otherwise for any reason or no reason at all. We may also impose limits on certain features and services or restrict your access to some or all of the API. All of our rights herein may be exercised without prior notice or liability to you.
- Your Termination. You may terminate these Terms for any reason or no reason at all, at your convenience, by (a) closing your Account, which at such time your use of the API shall cease or (b) ceasing use of the API.
- Refusal of Account. Duda shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to refuse to permit your use of the API with a particular Account. Unless Duda states otherwise, such rejection will not terminate these Terms with respect to other Accounts you may have created. Duda shall have no liability to you for such refusal.
- Remedies. You acknowledge that your breach of these Terms may cause irreparable harm to Duda and/or its licensors, the extent of which would be difficult to ascertain. Accordingly, you agree that, in addition to any other remedies to which Duda may be legally entitled, Duda shall have the right to seek immediate injunctive relief in the event of a breach of these Terms by you or any of your officers, employees, consultants or other agents. If Duda seeks injunctive relief, we shall not be required to post a bond.
- General Information
- Relationship of the Parties. Notwithstanding any provision hereof, for all purposes of the Terms, you and Duda shall be and act independently and not as partner, joint venturer, agent, employee or employer of the other. You shall not have any authority to assume or create any obligation for or on behalf of Duda, express or implied, and you shall not attempt to bind Duda to any contract.
- US Government License Rights. All API provided to the U.S. Government are provided under the commercial license rights and restrictions generally applicable under these Terms.
- Export Controls. You shall, in connection with your use of the API, comply with all applicable export and re-export control laws and regulations, including the Export Administration Regulations, the International Traffic in Arms Regulations, and country-specific economic sanctions programs implemented by the Office of Foreign Assets Control in connection with your use of the API.
- Entire Agreement. These Terms, including the other documents explicitly incorporated by reference, constitute the entire agreement between you and Duda and govern your use of the API, superseding any prior agreements between you and Duda
- Choice of Law and Forum. These Terms and the relationship between you and Duda shall be governed by the laws of the State of California without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You and Duda agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within the county of Santa Clara, California.
- Waiver. The failure of Duda to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
- Severability of Terms. If any provision of these Terms is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of these Terms remain in full force and effect.
- Statute of Limitations. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to your use of the Duda Property must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.